Saturday, June 23, 2012

Surprise Visit

Last weekend was full of family events in Tucson, including Adam #1's birthday, Father's Day, and Easton and Kason's baptism. We just couldn't miss out on the fun, so Nonny and I devised a plan to come to town and surprise the rest of the family. 
First Plane Flight!
Dad's surprise - We put Greta in a chair on the hygiene side of the office and rang the bell to get dad to come check on his "new patient". When he peaked in the room, Nonny was crying, and then he saw Greta in the chair. So special!


Debbie's surprise - Nonny and BoomPa went to the Dalesandro's house to bring them lunch. When they went inside, Nonny said there was a package out on the doorstep, where we were hiding. We got them good!
Meeting Cousin Kason
Darcy's surprise - We all went back to Nonny and Boompa's house to wait for the Ortiz family to show up. When they walked in, Greta was just hanging out on the blanket, waiting for one of them to notice. Unfortunately, Darcy had already sniffed out the surprised, so she noticed right away. 
First picture of all the cousins
The next day we went to visit Great Grandma Doris Cline Derickson. She was so excited to meet Greta, who's middle name is also Cline. It was so special!
The Cline name lives on!
She loved seeing Easton again, too!
I bought matching outfits for the cousins, and we got some great pictures.
So cute!

I love Easton's smile

The Strunks 
All the Chickadies

Possible Christmas Card??
The next day was the baptism. I'm so glad we were there to witness this special moment. 
Easton getting baptized

Kason geting baptized

Meeting Great Grandpa Phil. He would have been so proud!
Overall, it was a wonderful weekend. So wonderful, in fact, that Greta and I stayed three more days! I love surprises, and Greta loves her cousins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment